Tuesday, October 4, 2016

InkTober

InkTober is a creation of an artist named Jake Parker.

He started his own initiative to draw an ink drawing a day for the month of October. 31 drawings for 31 days. It became a worldwide trend with thousands of artists challenging themselves to draw more.

Here's his website detailing the project.

MrJakeParker.com

Now, I've known about InkTober for awhile. But never really tried it. I'm not saying I'll finish or even start 31 drawings for October. Well, it's the fourth so I'm three days behind anyway. But while my Goose is asleep (still) I thought I'd try a little bit. Today's prompt was "Hungry".

I had been craving chocolate cake and after buying some, and then beginning to eat it (quietly and behind their backs so they wouldn't see). My kids spied me and promptly asked me and what I was eating and if they could have some.

There is never secret cake. 

This inspired my Ink-Tober "Hungry" Ink Drawing.

My finished InkTober Drawing

I'll show a bit of the progression:

 I forgot to take a picture of the pencil sketch. They usually look better to me.


 Pen and Pencil drawing
 I tried to outline with a brush pen. It didn't look right.

 I traced over all my pen marks with a thicker marker.
 I realized I hated the little outline I did around Hungry.
 I tried to cover it up.
#Inkober, #Inktober2016

And here we are.
InkTober 2016.
Day 4.
Hungry.

It has been so long since I've drawn much. I do maybe sketch one a month. They are just sketches. Sometimes for projects, sometimes because I must draw something. But the mood doesn't happen as often as it should.

The thing about art is that you can't wait for the mood. You have to do it whether you feel like it or not. It's sort of like laundry or dishes.

Here are some links to the fantastic artists to who also contribute to InkTober

Pinterest InkTober Gallery

Till Next Time,

Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment