Sunday, September 7, 2014

4 months late

It's been four months since I last posted on this blog. I wish I could explain but there's no clear cut reason. I just couldn't find anything to say. I wasn't working on much as far as design and craft. I was focusing on the monumental task of searching for a new house, a good school district, a job, then buying said house, and trying to find a loan, and then waiting for the closing. Unfortunately, on closing day some very unpleasant things happened, and continued for days afterward and we were unable to buy the house I had spent so much time effort, thought, work and hope to buy. So.....then what?

Well, I had to start over. Look for more houses. Couldn't find a house that would work for us. So we upped our purchase price. Found one house. Started the loan, hoping, thinking, praying, preparing,  for the process again. I hoped against hope that this would go through and we could move before school started. I needed to have residence in the new house to send my son Jedi to Kindergarden. The loan process was even more arduous the second time around. They forgot about my loan, or misplaced it, or I was just not important enough for the mortgage company to finish it. We barely made it.

That was a month ago. I've since been able to send my son to kindergarden. And that has been an experience. The principal now knows my son by name. It has been hard. This year, has been harder than the rest. So, so very hard. So I didn't post. I couldn't. I couldn't find the time to sit at the computer and post when every-time I sat down I got another three emails I had to responds to with records for the loan company. I had a very small window of time to use without being sat on, poked, begged, demanded by my children. Those moments I had were devoted to getting the home crap finished. Problem was, it was never finished.

But the clouds are starting to rumble and hopefully the rain will come and put an end to this drought. I mean that figuratively and literally. I'm in a design drought as well as the entire state of Texas being in a perpetual drought. I need rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment