|My pants-less assistant designer. aka, the big brother this quilt is for.|
This was a bigger job than the Waltz of the Flowers tutu's because we are starting from scratch.
Here was my original sketch.
|Not quite finished but still looking good.|
Now that the first is finished, next come seven more. I have volunteers for this part, so I will be only making three more. *Whew* load off my mind. I did put together a 9 page, how to with pictures and only 20 steps to just make the bodice. I'm still working on the same how-to for the tulle skirt. I had originally wanted to add sleeves, just little wisps to add some dimension, but depends on how much time we have. I have a big deadline (my delivery of this little girl) and of course it is 4 days before the Nutcracker premieres. It's like she KNOWS.
The tulle was a big of a pain to work with. I've worked with it before, and still I forget how well, obnoxious it is.
Anyway, luckily, it doesn't show too many issues when you layer 7 layers upon one another. I still think it needs more layers of tulle, but because after 10 yards of tulle, 8 times over can get expensive. Even if it's only $1 a yard. (on sale) I used the tulle from last years tutu's and only got half what I would have liked at the store. Still I managed to get, hmnnn, about 40 yards of tulle. It took many trips to many Hobby Lobby's since it being around Halloween, tulle has been a hot seller.
Here are the headpieces that my Mother lovingly and kindly found and donated.