Friday, July 20, 2012

Baby Girl

So, if you read my humor blog rude and rudy, you know that I am pregnant with our second child, and it's a GIRL!

I've been brainstorming on how to set up the nursery since we plan on keeping the baby in the same room with our (almost) three year old.

Here's some of what I'm hoping to use and somethings I just love. I'm falling in love with navy blue's with pops of orange and red. Right now all of the room is in white. I borrowed my sisters 13 year old crib and dresser and painted it white for our son three years ago. Well, it's quite large for the room, especially if we're going to have both the kids together. So it may be the time to retire the set that has safely seen 5 children grow, and get a smaller crib and dresser.
My inspiration for the nursery

Storage idea


My son's bed!!! 

I'm in love with these for the baby girl's bedding


Love all these colors together


So patriotic...and lovely

Want this crib


Love this pattern for a quilt
Right now, we're using another hand-me-down twin bed from my other sister, but it turned out a bit too big for the room as well. So we ordered a bed with storage that saves us precious inches.

Here's my son on his bed with his blanket and sheets that HE picked out. I didn't ask him to pick out something blue to match with the rooms or anything. He call's it his WoodyBuzz blanket and I find him dragging the comforter and the pillow into every room.

He refuses to smile for photos anymore, he likes to either grimace
or put his foot in front of his face. HIS FOOT. I don't know
why, he's three.....draw your own conclusions

I have been thinking/devising/brainstorming a nursery layout that would allow me to walk into the room without maiming myself on a corner, or tripping on furniture. So much that I measured the entire room, all the furniture I *want* for the room and the best flow patterns. I came up with about 7.  

Here's what I've landed on today.


It's an odd shaped room, with a weird entry way. The cut-outs are the other room's closets. 

Still, hopefully it's just enough for our growing family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment