Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lullaby Book-Sweet Chariot

Here's another illustration for my lullaby book.

Swing Low Sweet Chariot


I didn't always think of this song as a lullaby, but more of spiritual hymn. But, I had looked for lullaby's on the internet and one person mentioned it. It seemed soothing and appropriate and I always like it. So now it's in my little list of lullaby's.

I know the song mentions angels and not Pegasus', but hey, I got a chariot in there, and who's gonna pull in a sky chariot other than a Pegasus? Think about it? Eight flying reindeer? I'd prefer a Pegasus.

Here's Swing Low Sweet Chariot:

Swing Low Sweet Chariot, Illustration by Ruth Krueger
By saving this illustration to be viewed quickly on the web I had to save it as a lower quality, which is why the comet is dithered. I will post a jpeg, but it will load slow. Scroll down to see my original sketch.

Original Sketch


Slower to load but better quality (I hope)

So, that's the most recent illustration for my Lullaby book, a book I'm making for my son, and my nieces and nephews, (and for myself) so we can sing together and hopefully, remember these lullaby's.

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment