Monday, March 7, 2011

Little Red Riding Hood

I was perusing the aisles at my local Hastings' bookstore and happened upon this fantabulous book.



It's Little Red Riding Hood, by of course, the Brothers Grimm, and Illustrated by Daniel Egneus. Who I can only assume is a fantastic fashion and editorial illustrator. This is a new take on the old classic. Which is happening a lot lately. Have you seen those previews for the new movie "Red Riding Hood"? I won't bore you with a link to the preview, you can google it for yourself. But let me share some images from this neat-o book. By the way, it's more a adults children's book because the pictures are beautiful, but would be hard to follow for a child.






Here's an image I really like.

He does some amazing work. And I do feel like this was an unusual project. It seems like this guy is a fashion illustrator. I really love the graphic use of ink. I always particularly loved working with ink, and this guy has taken it to a exquisite level.

Here's a video of him creating some work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vnhcJHcJWo

From the flap on the book, it says that Daniel Egneus is a self taught illustrator that lives and works in Milan, out of a seventeenth century studio, on a canal designed by Leonardo Da Vinci. He also has created art for H&M, Pepsi, Nike, Time, and Playboy to name a new.

Nice work if you can get it, eh Daniel?

I recommend you looking at his book. It's got some neat-o stuff.

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment